0 Online Collection Resource | Updated 2 years ago
J.J. Dwyer came to Kalgoorlie in the late 1800s with a dream of opening his own photography studio. He worked hard to achieve his dream, and he soon opened his own photography studio in Hannan Street.
Dwyer took countless studio portraits of his many clients, and he also maintained an interest in documenting Kalgoorlie and Goldfields life, including social events, industrial activities (even taking images in underground mines), and landscapes.
In 1917 Dwyer sold his studio to fellow photographer Thomas Mackay, who ran the studio until 1945.