Time Trekker - Who Sunk My Battleship?
Thu 21 Jan 2016 – Sat 23 Jan 2016
9:15am – 12:30pm
WA Maritime Museum
Venture into the secret world of submarine warfare as you go on a tour of HMAS Ovens. Find out what is needed to keep war-time vessels afloat, then design, build and test your own balloon powered battleship.
Join your junior explorers, future subsea engineers and amateur maritime archaeologists at the WA Maritime Museum for a shared family friendly experience, and rediscover for yourself what makes the Museum a marvellous place to learn about the amazing world under the sea. A half day of fun for everyone!
Health & Safety Information:
The submarine tour includes climbing 9 metre high stairs, steeply inclined ladders and bending through narrow hatchways. Participation requires a reasonable level of fitness, freedom from significant injuries, and the ability to climb independently (without walking aids). Please see the Submarine Access Policy and the Submarine tour FAQs for more information.
Early-bird Fee (Available until 4:00pm, Monday 28 December 2015)
$50.00 – 1 Adult + 1 child (6-12 years old)
$30.00 – Additional Child (6-12 years old)
$30.00 – Additional Adult
$55.00 – 1 Adult + 1 child (6-12 years old)
$38.00 – Additional Child (6-12 years old)
$38.00 – Additional Adult
For further information please contact 1300 134 081 or Reception@museum.wa.gov.au
9:15 am - 9:30 am Arrive and sign in participants for Time Trekker
9:30 am - 12:30 pm Time Trekker starts
12:30 pm (prompt) Time Trekker finishes and participants sign out
Please note: this program is not suitable for children under 6 years to attend.
What to Bring
Weather appropriate clothing and closed-in footwear
Morning tea and refillable water bottle
Please note that the Wilson Parking area outside the Museum allows a maximum of 3 hours parking.
All-day car parking is available on the southern and eastern side of the E Shed Market which is a 300m walk from the Museum.
Terms and Conditions
To ensure all participants have a safe and enjoyable Time Trekker experience, parents/guardians must complete the following agreement.
I confirm that I am the parent/guardian of the participating child and I understand that:
- It is my responsibility to ensure that participants arrive for registration 15 minutes prior to the session.
- I understand that the WA Museum does not take duty of care of my child and that I as legal guardian (or an alternate responsible designated adult that I have specified attending in lieu of myself) must stay with my child at all times during the program to provide for duty of care in supervising my child.
- Participants may enter areas or come into contact with surfaces that may have been exposed to nuts, nut products, fur or other potential allergens.
- Participants must wear closed in shoes to be admitted into the program. They should also bring weather appropriate clothing/accessories.
- Participants need to supply their own morning tea (that does not require heating or cooking) and bring a refillable drink bottle. Participants will have limited opportunity to be able to visit the Museum Café or use the vending machines during the session.
- As parent/guardian, I indemnify and release the WA Museum against all actions, suits, claims and demands (including costs) for personal injury or property damage suffered by my child or myself while participating in the Time Trekkers program.
I confirm that each participant is able to:
- Follow clear instructions.
- Remain calm and quiet when asked to do so.
- Treat other participants and staff with respect and courtesy.
- Able to manage the Health & Safety requirements for submarine access.
I confirm that I have read and understand the refunds policy:
Refunds are only available if notification of cancellation is received at least seven working days before the event. Refunds will not be issued for non-attendance.
Time Trekker Activity
1300 134 081
The WA Maritime Museum is located within walking distance of Fremantle Station visit the Transperth website for timetables.
The WA Maritime Museum is serviced by the free Fremantle Cat Service, at stop 24. Visit the Transperth website for timetables and details.
Paid parking is available in the City of Fremantle car park just outside the WA Shipwrecks Museum. Additional paid parking is available in the Wilsons car park at the WA Maritime Museum, Victoria Quay which is a short walk from the WA Shipwrecks Museum.
Captain Cook Cruises offer a range of ferry services from Perth which stop nearby at B-Shed ferry terminal.
Comprehensive accessibility information about the WA Maritime Museum can be found on the Access WA website.