Introduction to Development Service
Our Development Service offers information and advice on all aspects of the planning, operation and management of museums as community assets. Services are tailored to assist organisations to achieve the principles of best practice as outlined in the National Standards for Australian Museums and Galleries.
The following areas of activity are covered:
- Collection Management: collection planning and policy, accessioning, indexing, storing, preventive conservation, basic cataloguing using computers
- Exhibitions: story line development, design, display
- Conservation: preventive conservation, storage, display, general museum environmental control
- Public Relations with the wider community, school groups, and local government
- Management and planning, funding, legal issues, planning for museums and Aboriginal cultural centres
- Grant fund applications project development and fine-tuning of applications.
- Strategic Planning workshop, Kalgoorlie-Boulder, October 2010
- Photo by Elaine Labuschagne
- Image courtesy of CollectionsCare Goldfields