Brian Peter Hanich
Technical Officer, EntomologyTerrestrial Zoology
Contact(08) 9212 3764 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Manages the preserved and wet and dry collections of insects of around 500,000 dry specimens and estimated over 1,000,000 wet specimens.
- Maintains and updates the electronic collection database.
- Identifies and registers new acquisitions into the collection.
- Organises specimen loans to Australian and international scientists.
- Photographs preserved specimens for internet.
- Manages collection access for external researchers and students.
- Co-ordinates volunteer work on the collection.
Services (to other bodies):
- Provides identifications to industry, other government departments and enquiries from the public.
Exhibitions and Public Programs
- Derives new information and specimens from the collection for exhibitions.
- Answers enquiries from scientists, students, the public, private organisations about taxonomy and biology relating to the relevant material within the WA Museum collection.
Houston, T.F., Zhang, J. & Hanich, B.P. (2010). Diet of the flightless trogid beetle Omorgus rotundulus (Haaf) (Coleoptera: Trogidae) in the Little Sandy Desert of Western Australia. The Australian Entomologist 36(4): 207-212.