Dwyer and Mackay
Small Gold Mine and Miners at Mt. Monger.
"This is the Proprietary Gold Mine - Charlie Hunt and McMahon (Mine employed 14 men).
Prospector, Arthur Starr, Later of Starr and Garter Hotel Hannan Street Kalgoorlie, lived in little house for years, and built on another room, as some only had dirt floors.
In 1945, J. Cunneen and Edgar Smith took over McMahon's Mine and crushed for the Public, at Huntingtons Mill, they treated sands. They struck a big patch of gold and sunk another shaft over the hill".
|Medium Format:||16.5x21.6 cm. / 6.5x8.5 inch|
|Creator:||T. F. Mackay|
|Original Legal Broker:||Museum of the Goldfields - MOG; Golden Mile Museum|
See also GM1457 for closer shot and GM1570. Information supplied by Olive Proud from enquires with Grace (Barton) Jones, and her sister Mrs. Smith of Hannan Street (Next to Hotel, near Museum) - (also nee Starr).
Cite this page
Western Australian Museum Collections https://museum.wa.gov.au/online-collections/object/gm01280
Accessed 11 Apr 2021
We support the open release of data and information about our collections.
Text content on this page is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Image content on this page is copyright WA Museum.