Western Australian Museum — Perth
Branch | Updated 4 days ago
Significant changes to the Museum have begun as we have started to move collections in preparation for development of the New Museum. All of our long term galleries have now shut. Visitors to the Museum can experience the A History of the World in 100 Objects exhibition. The Perth site will temporarily close from June 2016 to re-open in 2020. The New Museum will be a place where the stories of our people and places are shared, acting as a gateway to all of Western Australia.
|ANZAC DAY||1.00pm – 5.00pm|
|New Year's Day||Closed|
Free Entry. Suggested donation $5. Some touring exhibitions may attract admission fees, please check the exhibition listings for details.
The Western Australian Museum - Perth now has free Wi-Fi throughout the Museum.
Perth Cultural Centre,
1300 134 081
The Western Australian Museum — Perth is located within walking distance of Perth Train Station, visit the Transperth website for timetables.
The Western Australian Museum — Perth is serviced by a variety of buses, including the free Blue Cat loop. Visit the Transperth website for timetables and details.
Paid parking is available in central Perth visit Google Maps for parking options.
Comprehensive accessibility information about the Western Australian Museum — Perth can be found on the Perth site's accessibility page.
Museum Site Map
- Discovery Centre - Open until late April 2016
- Old Gaol - Open until mid-June 2016
- Museum Shop - Open until mid-June 2016
- Temporary Exhibition Gallery - Open until mid-June 2016
- Museum Grounds - Open until mid-June 2016
- Museum Cafe - Open until mid-June 2016
- Museum Courtyard - Open until mid-June 2016
- WA Land and People - Closed
- An Amazing Archipelago - Open until mid-April 2016
- Butterfly Gallery - Closed
- Mammal Gallery - Closed
- Bird Gallery - Closed
- Katta Dijnoong – First peoples of WA - Closed
- Mezzanine Floor
- Diamonds to Dinosaurs - Closed
There is one (1) parenting room / kid's facility is available at the Perth Museum that general public can make use of.
This facility includes the following:
- Breast Feeding room
- Nappy / Diaper changing table
- a chair and footrest for nursing mothers
- a nappy disposal bin
- a first aid kit (accessible only by Visitor Services Officers)
- microwave for heating bottles
- sink for water
- a bed for unwell visitors. There are also pull around hospital-type curtains for privacy for both the bed and nursing chair.