Exploring science, technology, engineering, art and maths
Sun 1 Jan 2017 – Sun 31 Dec 2017
10:00am – 2:00pm
WA Maritime Museum
The STEAMsub is open and waiting for you to come and explore!
Pop in between 10:00am and 2:00pm Monday to Friday and try your hand at a range of activities. Alternatively register for our facilitated program of activities.
STEAMsub, a great place to learn about maritime themes and collections in a hands-on, dynamic way.
There are only 12 places per workshop so get in quick or you may miss out!
What’s on Offer?
These activities are fully facilitated by members of the Learning and Creativity team.
- Bookings are required with payment to be made at the front desk upon arrival.
- The terms and conditions are contained in the Children in Care Form (click below). Please print and complete the form and bring it with you on the day.
- All participants and their Parents and Adult Guardians must arrive for registration 15 minutes prior to the session.
- For the duration of the session Parents and Adult Guardians can either:
1. Stay and take a look around the WA Maritime Museum. Entry fees apply.
2. Leave the participants with our experienced team for the duration of the session.
Our squid dissection workshops are back due to popular demand!
Get up close and personal with a squid! Using special dissection equipment, participants will be able to take a closer look at the anatomy of this amazing mollusc.
Ages: 10 - 14
Bookings are required as places are strictly limited.
For more information contact the WA Maritime Museum on 1300 134 081 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Image copyright the WA Museum
1300 134 081
The WA Maritime Museum is located within walking distance of Fremantle Station visit the Transperth website for timetables.
The WA Maritime Museum is serviced by the free Fremantle Cat Service, at stop 24. Visit the Transperth website for timetables and details.
Paid parking is available in the City of Fremantle car park just outside the WA Shipwrecks Museum. Additional paid parking is available in the Wilsons car park at the WA Maritime Museum, Victoria Quay which is a short walk from the WA Shipwrecks Museum.
Captain Cook Cruises offer a range of ferry services from Perth which stop nearby at B-Shed ferry terminal.
Comprehensive accessibility information about the WA Maritime Museum can be found on the Access WA website.