Extraordinary Stories from the British Museum is on display at the Western Australian Museum – Perth (Perth Cultural Centre, James Street, Perth) from 21 October 2011 - 5 February 2012.
- All school visits to the Extraordinary Stories from the British Museum exhibition are self-guided
- Entry to the exhibition is free of charge, although donations are greatly appreciated.
- Your group/s are welcome to explore the remainder of the Museum’s galleries before or after viewing the Extraordinary Stories from the British Museum exhibition. We recommend that teachers become familiar with the Museum’s layout and collections by visiting the Museum prior to their excursion date.
For excursion bookings and enquiries related to Extraordinary Stories from the British Museum, please contact:
Please refer to www.museum.wa.gov.au/education or our 2011 Education Programs brochure (available on our website or in hard-copy form) for an overview of the range of facilitated programs and self-guided experiences available for school groups.
EXCURSION MANAGEMENT PLAN
Please visit www.museum.wa.gov.au/education for our comprehensive Excursion Management Plan which includes information on adult supervision ratios, emergency procedures and transport information.
TEACHER AND STUDENT RESOURCES
Education resources for Years 4-7 and 8-10 which include ideas for integrating the exhibition themes and related content into classroom programs and support a visit to Extraordinary Stories from the British Museum.
FREE EXHIBITION POSTERS AND ACTIVITIES.
- Available from the exhibition.
- Please enquire when you make a booking.
Posters include interactive activities which will take students on a journey of discovery and excitement as they explore many of the objects contained within this exclusive exhibition. Activities can be completed back at school.
Students can choose one (or more!) of three pathways:
- Step Back in Time
Discover some of the oldest objects from the exhibition on an interactive timeline.
- Journey Around the World
Locate some of the Commonwealth countries on the world map and explore the objects represented in an interactive mapping activity.
- Connecting Culture
Investigate cultures represented by the objects using activities with a graphic organiser.